Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Final Course Summary

Throughout this semester, I was able to acquire a lot of knowledge from Digital File Preparation that I know will be beneficial to me in the future. Prior to taking this class I wasn’t really even aware that there was a right and a wrong way to prepare a file, I was mainly just interested in whether or not the design was aesthetically appealing. While I still think the aesthetics of a design are tremendously important, I now realize that if the file isn’t prepared correctly, and as a result doesn’t print the way it was intended, it doesn’t matter how well it is designed. So the main takeaway for me from this class was that the design and preparation aspect are of equal importance, every project must have both to be effective.

Additionally, I was able to improve my proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator through working on the various projects over the course of the semester. I really enjoyed all the projects we completed, though I wish design could have been more of an emphasis. I understand that the course is structured to focus on file preparation but just as a design is useless if not prepared well, a well prepared file is useless if not designed well.

Overall, I really liked this class. I feel like I was challenged and learned a lot from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment